Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission


Parties do not need to be represented before the Commission.  If a party wishes to be represented, representation can be found from a number of sources.   These include, but are not limited to, the following:

(Please note the Commission does not suggest or encourage the selection of any particular source.)


Law Society of Western Australia

To assist the Public, the Law Society maintains a register of legal practitioners and their areas of practice. If you would like to be referred to a lawyer you can call the Law Society on 9324 8600.

Legal Aid Western Australia

Industrial Agents

List of Industrial Agents registered under S.112A of the Industrial Relations Act 1979.

Registered Organisations

Industrial Unions and Associations registered under the Industrial Arbitration Act 1979, Trade Unions registered under the Trade Unions Act 1902, Organisations registered under the Industrial Relations Act 1979. This includes both Employer and Employee Associations.

Rules for Organisations registered under the Industrial Relations Act 1979

Employer Associations (as appear in the Industrial Relations Act 1979)

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Australian Mines and Metals Association

Right of Entry

From 1 August 2002, persons seeking "Right of Entry", who have been nominated by a secretary of a registered organisation may have an Authority in the form of an ID card issued by the Registrar, Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission, authorising them to enter premises for the purposes of inspection of any premises during working hours where relevant employees work.

List of Registered Card Holders







Contact Us

Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission
17th Floor
111 St Georges Terrace

Phone : (08) 9420 4444
Facsimile : (08) 9420 4500
Free Call : 1800 624 263

Free Fax :1800 804 987

Email : Registry


You are here: Home > Guides and Procedures > Guides > Representation