Submitting an application

Submitting an application

To start an application, you must fill in Form 15 – Lodgment of dispute with the Police Compensation Tribunal, which may be lodged in the Registry of the Commission by online lodgment, by email, by post or in person.

After you have submitted your Form 15, the Commission’s Registry will:

  • check it to make sure that it contains all the required information;
  • if the form is complete, send a copy of it to you for your records; and
  • serve a copy of it on the respondent. There is no need for you to serve your Form 15 on the respondent unless you are instructed to do so. You will then be contacted by the Tribunal to arrange to have your dispute dealt with.

A person who is served a dispute is required to file an answering statement. The form for the answering statement is a Form 4 – Response (General).

Generally, the respondent is to file an answering statement within 21 days of the date of service of the dispute, unless an ex parte application for a shortened time period is filed and such application is granted.